We are looking for a talented junior software engineer with good knowledge of the LAMP architecture.
You will be responsible for guaranteeing the functionality of our core technology and systems. You will work closely with diverse teams to develop technological solutions to meet their needs.
You will have the opportunity to work in an innovative and fun, yet challenging, work environment, which is part of a larger start-up campus: http://www.pi-campus.it
Who you are
- You are ambitious and eager to improve your professional skills.
- You are a positive and proactive person. You are able to turn problems into opportunities, and failures into learning experiences.
- You are a voracious listener. You have your own opinions, but love hearing other people’s perspectives and enjoy having your views challenged.
- You are a patient and goal-oriented person, who understands that big achievements are made of small efforts and teamwork
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will guarantee the full functionality of our core technology and make sure that it meets our business needs.
- You will work closely with the operations, accounting and marketing teams to to gain a deep understanding of their needs and provide them with tailored and flexible solutions.
- You will join the development of new core solutions that will improve Translated’s standing as the technology leader in the translation industry.
Our core software includes:
- T-Rank: a decision-support system that identities the top translator for any given project out of a database with more than 200k professional translators. T-Rank autonomously generates the best ranking by evaluating over 30 features for each translator, including their work experience, current workload and availability, price per word, topics they are best suited for, performances on previous translation projects, and so on.
- MPM: an internal workflow management system that automates the various checkpoints in translation projects and operations, such as word-count check, language check, customer/translator automatic emails, alerts on project progress and issues, and so on. It allows our project managers to avoid tedious and repetitive tasks and to focus on tasks that bring the most value to our clients.
- OMP: the translation management system that we use to manage all translation requests coming from our clients. It’s a rather complex platform which brings together most of our technology in a single dashboard for the projects managers.
These core building blocks directly impact on customer experience: from the customer's first interaction with Translated to the project delivery. As a result, they have a major impact on the business and the work of our teams.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and deliver results
- 1 year of LAMP professional experience or 3+ years of working experience in an equivalent position are required
- Proactive approach to workload and constantly thinking up new ideas
- Work as a team player whilst being able to work on set individual performance goals and KPIs
- Required fluency in Italian and English, a third language is a plus.
- Working experience in a startup is a plus
- Working experience with legacy proprietary software is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive and exciting work environment. You will be surrounded by innovators and experts working at Pi Campus. Great environment to grow your skills.
- Work hard and stay fit. In the campus you'll find a gym, a swimming pool (soon to be doubled), a personal trainer for spinning, TRX and pilates classes.
- Enjoy a snack. Free snacks, fruit, coffee and beverages from the campus kitchens.
- Bonuses and incentives for those who quit smoking, ride a bicycle to work, adopt a child.
Translated is widely recognised as the most innovative language service provider. We have received numerous awards for innovation and technology thanks to the cutting-edge technology we develop.
As a translation company, we focus on serving large businesses, startup and web 2.0 companies that need to speed-up and automate their globalisation processes. We’ve been chosen by Google to create new services for flagship products such as YouTube (http://goo.gl/jx5emJ), Google Play Store (http://goo.gl/psI7wQ) and AdWords.
Moreover, corporations like Amazon, Expedia and HP use our technologies and services in their localisation processes.
Choose a career at Translated and enjoy an innovative international environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Translated has created
The aim of Translated and the key to its competitive advantage has always been the use of technology to disrupt the translation market.
- MyMemory (https://mymemory.translated.net), today the largest human translation memory, with more than 1.5 billion phrases over a distributed architecture that serves more than 14 million unique visitors each month.
- MateCat (https://www.matecat.com), an enterprise-level translation platform designed to merge human and machine translation. Open source.
- ModernMT (http://www.modernmt.eu/), an innovative technology for machine translation which is able to understand the context and adapt its automated translations to the topic being discussed. Open source.
In the last few years, Translated has expanded its workplaces to create the Pi Campus (http://www.pi-campus.it), the best work environment for talented people: five luxury residential villas converted into functional offices, in the green space of the EUR neighbourhood, in Rome. Translated has invested in many Italian startups that now work at Pi Campus, creating a thrilling environment for knowledge sharing.