We are looking for a talented Sales Account Manager, experience in the translation industry is a plus. You will be fully responsible for increasing our users database and implementing our selling strategy.
Who you are
- You are ambitious and eager to start a career in the sales field.
- You are a positive and proactive person. You are able to turn problems into opportunities, and failures into lessons learnt.
- You are a voracious listener. You have your own opinions, but love hearing other people’s perspectives and enjoy having your views challenged.
- You are a patient and goal-oriented person, who understands that big achievements are made out of small efforts and teamwork.
If this is who you are, we definitely want to meet you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- You will convert customers requests into price offers and offers into translation projects:
- You will talk with customers constantly, to gain a deep understanding of their needs and provide them tailored and flexible solutions.
- You will have a major contribution in ensuring profitability and success of projects, driving to customer retention.
- You will constantly monitor your progress and provide feedback to your tutor.
Qualifications and Skills
- Required fluency in Italian and English, a third language is a plus. You will be working on a daily basis with people with different linguistic and cultural backgrounds. Your job will be to understand the needs of the prospect and communicate effectively to close a sale.
- Required excellent computer and web skills. We are a technology company and you should be highly competent in these skills to fully fit in.
- Preferred working experience or University studies in sales, marketing or translation.
- Preferred knowledge of CAT tools.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive and exciting work environment. You will be surrounded by innovators and experts working at Pi Campus. Great environment to grow your skills.
- Bonuses and incentives for those who quit smoking, ride a bicycle to work, adopt a child.
- Work hard and stay fit. In the campus you'll find a gym, a swimming pool (soon to be doubled), a personal trainer for spinning, TRX and pilates classes.
- Enjoy a snack. Free snacks, fruit, coffee and beverages from the campus kitchens.
Translated is a language service provider focused on serving large businesses, startup and web 2.0 companies that need to speed-up and automate their globalization processes. Thanks to its innovative approach to language technology, it has been chosen by Google to create new services for flagship products such as YouTube (http://goo.gl/jx5emJ) and, recently, for the translation of apps published in the Google Play Store ( http://goo.gl/psI7wQ). Moreover, corporations like Amazon, Expedia and HP use our technologies and services in their localization processes. Choose a career at Translated and enjoy an innovative international environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Translated has created
- MyMemory (http://mymemory.translated.net), the world’s largest cloud translation memory, that combines machine translation with over 1.1 billion human contributions. Translated uses MyMemory to increase the quality and speed of translation by suggesting sentences that have already been translated.
- MateCat (https://www.matecat.com) is the ideal CAT tool that automates project creation, assignment and translation. It provides the features needed to post-edit, translate and revise any documents and to monitor translation projects.Thanks to the integration of the largest collaborative translation memory and the best machine translation, it provides 10% to 20% more matches than any other CAT tool, reducing translation cost and turnaround time. MateCat empowers you to accept all translation projects, even when your translators are busy or if you don’t cover one of the language pairs requested by your client.
- ModernMT, an ongoing project to create the best machine translation engine in the world (yeah, also better than Google Translate).
In the last few years, Translated has expanded its workplaces to create the PiCampus, the best work environment for talented people: five luxury residential villas converted into functional offices, in the green space of the EUR neighborhood, in Rome. Translated has invested in many Italian startups that now work at PiCampus, creating a thrilling environment for knowledge sharing.