Who you are:
- You are ambitious and eager to join a team of Account Managers in the translation field.
- You are detail-oriented and precise. You understand the importance of focusing on details to handle daily tasks and create ideas for correcting issues.
- You are a positive and proactive person. You are able to turn problems into opportunities, and failures into lessons learnt.
- You are a voracious listener. You have your own opinions, but love hearing other people’s perspectives and enjoy having your views challenged.
- You are a patient and goal-oriented person, who understands that big achievements are made out of small efforts and teamwork.
If this is who you are, we definitely want to meet you!
What you will do:
You will be responsible of organizing and creating the basis of the Account Management work, turning customers requests into translation projects:
- You will check the incoming requests, gain a deep understanding of the customers’ needs and provide the AMs tailored solutions to convert the offers into real projects.
- You will have a major contribution in ensuring profitability and success of projects, driving to customer retention.
Within this framework, you will be given a specific long-term objective to reach, therefore:
- You will think of and implement strategies to reach your goal.
- You will constantly monitor your progresses and provide feedback to your tutor.
- Required fluency in Italian and English, a third language is a plus.
- Required excellent computer and Internet skills.
- Preferred University studies in translation.
- Preferred knowledge of CAT tools.
Translated is a language service provider focused on serving large businesses, startup and web 2.0 companies that need to speed-up and automate their globalization processes. Thanks to its innovative approach to language technology, it has been chosen by Google to create new services for flagship products such as YouTube (http://goo.gl/jx5emJ) and, recently, for the translation of apps published in the Google Play Store ( http://goo.gl/psI7wQ). Moreover, corporations like Amazon, Expedia and HP use our technologies and services in their localization processes. Choose a career at Translated and enjoy an innovative international environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Translated has created
- MyMemory (http://mymemory.translated.net), the world’s largest cloud translation memory, that combines machine translation with over 1.1 billion human contributions. Translated uses MyMemory to increase the quality and speed of translation by suggesting sentences that have already been translated.
- MateCat (https://www.matecat.com) is the ideal CAT tool that automates project creation, assignment and translation. It provides the features needed to post-edit, translate and revise any documents and to monitor translation projects.Thanks to the integration of the largest collaborative translation memory and the best machine translation, it provides 10% to 20% more matches than any other CAT tool, reducing translation cost and turnaround time. MateCat empowers you to accept all translation projects, even when your translators are busy or if you don’t cover one of the language pairs requested by your client.
- ModernMT, an ongoing project to create the best machine translation engine in the world (yeah, also better than Google Translate).
In the last few years, Translated has expanded its workplaces to create the PiCampus, the best work environment for talented people: five luxury residential villas converted into functional offices, in the green space of the EUR neighborhood, in Rome. Translated has invested in many Italian startups that now work at PiCampus, creating a thrilling environment for knowledge sharing.